An Open Environment
Most big companies get lost in reporting structures, hierarchies, and rigid project plans. We find this is often likely to stifle innovation.
If you have an idea, just talk it through, take charge of it, and run with it.
All work and no play
makes Jack a dull boy
Ethics at work
We respect and adhere to the high-ethical standards that we have established as an organization.
Associate Software Engineer (ASE I, II & III)
About the Job
Strand’s software engineers develop Strand’s products as well as help customers build bioinformatics software that provides precision medicine solutions for people all over the world. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer you will world of specific project critical to Strand’s product line or with customer engagements. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Strand is heavily science and engineering driven company. We hire people who are willing to take on some great technology challenges which can potentially impact medicine, lifestyle and health of millions of people across the world.
Strand is looking for Software Development Engineers of minimum 3 to 5 years of experience.
- B.Tech in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s, further education or equivalent practical experience in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical related field.
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: Server Backend, Parallel Systems, Full Stack Development (front end and backend), Machine Learning, Information Retrieval or Natural language processing.
- Development experience with Unix/Linux.
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge via formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design documents, providing technical talks, teaching classes, or as a consultant on projects.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software including new applications.
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverable.
- Write code for applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex applications both web and desktops.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems.